Relative Sponsership-176 subclass Eligibility

Guest ManasiK

Guest ManasiK

Hello All,

I am interested in getting sponsership from my sister-in-law. I fulfill required DIAC points to apply PR through sponsership visa as a main applicant.

Can I take sponsership from my sister-in-law (thru my husband) even if she has just moved in Australia, and in search of job??

I read several threads, some points to sponserer should be living in OZ atleast for 2 years and should eligible to support his/her relative finacially.

Other says that, If I meet all required conditions (occupation in SOL,age etc) then I will not be dependent on her. I can get my PR through her sponsership even if she just shifted and in search of job.

Anybody out there to solve my confusion??

Guest Gollywobbler
Hello All,

I am interested in getting sponsership from my sister-in-law. I fulfill required DIAC points to apply PR through sponsership visa as a main applicant.

Can I take sponsership from my sister-in-law (thru my husband) even if she has just moved in Australia, and in search of job??

I read several threads, some points to sponserer should be living in OZ atleast for 2 years and should eligible to support his/her relative finacially.

Other says that, If I meet all required conditions (occupation in SOL,age etc) then I will not be dependent on her. I can get my PR through her sponsership even if she just shifted and in search of job.

Anybody out there to solve my confusion??

Hi there

The threads that describe the 2 years are also describing Parent, Contributory Parent and Remaining Relative visas. With these Family Stream visas, the visa applicant's ability to obtain and retain a job is not tested, therefore the assumption is that it may be quite some time before the visa applicant is able to obtain paid work of any sort.

With the Skilled Stream, the visa applicant has been tested for ability via the skills assessment process and his/her nominated occupation is in Schedule 3 of the new SOL, ergo s/he should be able to get a job in Oz pretty easily, so there is less of a need to ensure that the prospective sponsor is fully and properly *settled* in Oz before the visa application is made.

That said, your own occupation must be in Schedule 3 or family sponsorship is not possible. If your occupation is in Schedule 3 then it might also be on one of the SMPs for one of the States, surely? Once the SMPs are published, Category 2 will come to life and the visa applicants who remain in Category 3 (eg the family sponsored people) will be left to wait until all the applications in Cat 2 have been dealt with first.

If you go ahead and make a family sponsored sc 176 application now but it later turns out that you would have done better to wait for the publication of the SMPs in order to get State sponsorship from a State which has put your occupation onto its SMP, you will be trapped. You will not be able to switch between a family sponsored and a State sponsored sc 176 visa.

So if you go ahead now and then later it turns out that you should have waited for publication of the SMPs and obtained State sponsorship instead, you would have to obtain SS and then make a whole new visa application (including payment of a new Visa Application Charge to DIAC) if you want to change your mind about how to proceed. DIAC would not refund the money which you have paid with the first visa application, so the whole thing could become a very expensive experiment involving a great deal of faffing around, 2 visa applications (the second one on paper and therefore not trackable) and so forth.

What is your occupation and what is your reason for not awaiting the publication of the SMPs, please?

Cheers

Gill

I am an Industrial Pharmacist have been working in a generic finished manufacturing pharmaceuticals for last two years could i assess my occupation as Chemist? do i need to continue my job till visa granted? I have b.pharm and ms in pharmaceutical sciences from a public university of bangladesh.plz let me informed to take decision. For ur information my job responsibilities are similar to industrial chemist job

Guest ManasiK

Hi Gill ,

Thanks for your detailed reply!..

Let me explain my situation.

I have assesed by ACS under ANZSCO code 261313 (Software Enginner). Since My occupation in SOL and I wanted to apply for DIAC under 175 GSM. It is based on point system. I needed 120 points to be eligible under above visa. Unfortunately I scored less in IELTS (to get 120 , I need 7 in all four components)

This situation left me in 2 choices

1. Re-appear for IELTS , get 7 in each band then cover 120 points and apply for 175 visa

2. Get Sponsership visa (thru my sister-in-law) , it needs 100 points and I satisfy this requirement.

So which way should I go??

One important point to be mentioned is my ACS result is valid till Feb 2011 only, so I have to do something positive before that.

hi Gill

Firstly lots of thanks to u for your help.

Dear i need some suggestion, i have applied for sc 176 (by Relative sponsor) in august 2010. however i would like to apply again by taking state sponsorship from SA. now i have some queries regarding second application lodgment.

1. Can i apply again by SC176 state sponsorship

2. You have mentioned in previous post that 2nd one will be paper based application. my question is if i can apply can apply second application by on-line.

3. if i get visa based on second application first(by Cat 2)...then suppose after few month i get visa for the first application..can i cancel my SS visa?

Profession: Civil Engineering, IELTS: 6.5, Skill Assessment by EA: 20-05-2010

Thanks in anticipation

Regards

Joy

Archived